That should have said non-committer :) I want to see the next report
written by a committer (whether that means someone else, or the project
recognizing report writing as a contribution).

One other, major imo, note on the board report.

This text is not good:

http://discuss.mxnet.io) are being used actively. The contributors have
much as possible. This is an ongoing improvement process where the focus
will be to reduce the scope of private discussions to only a few
individuals before it is put on the public dev@ mailing list so that the
Apache MXNet community gets a fair chance in influencing the final
outcome/decision of the discussion."

The text is talking about raising the transparency of the project, but that
transparency is, even when raised, still below Apache's _minimum_ bar.
Saying that the community gets a 'fair' chance is insulting.

I'm a strong believer that it is perfectly fine for two or more committers
to brainstorm an idea face to face; but there's an immediate tension if
that leads to a situation where they strong arm agreement due to the number
of folk involved. There needs to be a cost to the lack of transparency, and
that cost is a lack of volume in the community discussion. My strong
recommendation is that said committers decide on a spokesperson for the
idea, that they show restraint in piling on in the debate, and that they
recuse themselves from voting +1 on a vote as they already voted when
brainstorming the idea.

Hen

[piling on => an email thread where multiple people all jump on to the
thread to say, in essence, the same thing, and wear down an opposing
argument through sheer numbers]