Hi all,

I would like to propose the release plan for MXNet Scala examples in V1.3.
Currently, the examples in the main repository are not maintained for a long
time. I have spent some time to use the improved Scala API (known as the .api)
to improve the examples with documentation to run and add CI tests. However, I
am facing the difficulties to resolve memory leaks as most of the examples did
not contains memory leak fixes. It crashes the CI because of that. We can
temporarily disable the CI test for some of the examples and release them with
1.3 and enable them once we have a better GC in MXNet Scala. Here is a brief
Pros and Cons for this release:

Pros:

  *   A good set of demos on how to use improved Training API
  *   Examples are fixed with full documentation to help to run them

Cons:

  *   Examples contains the memory leak issues may cause problems

Please kindly share your ideas in this thread and I am really appreciate for
your help.

Thanks,
Qing