Hi, Hen,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is very valuable!

I should have been probably more explicit about idea and intention of providing
users with office hours channel of communication. The idea behind office hours
is to provide an additional communication channel to Apache MXNet users. It
doesn't have an intention to replace or even supplement communication on dev@
list or other, more broader forums. In fact the proposal here is for very
specific need that some users might have. Namely, it is to help with specific
issues that users are having while trying to use/play/adopt Apache MXNet for
_their_ need. Which might or might not be relevant and/or interesting to
broader community. One more benefit of having office hours as additional
channel of communication is that users could have some more or less definitive
timeline to get answers to their questions and help with their project planning.

As part of the office hours process we will ensure to follow up on each issue
filed and describe what was the answer (if anything definitive) to user's
question. That is why we are proposing to use Apache JIRA to keep track of this
additional communication channel. This way we are going to ensure that none of
the communication falls off searchable surface.

Also, regarding your concern about diverse community. We are proposing office
hours as additional channel of communication. It might not be suitable for
everyone, especially if timeslot that we will be providing doesn't work with
user's local time zone. While we would like to support more timeslots - we
would need to work with Apache MXNet contributors across the world to figure
out strategy to do that, at this time we only have resources to support
proposed timeslot.

We definitely not impose any requirements for users and require them to use
office hours, it is very much optional and additional channel to be used on per
need basis. Users are free to use it or not to. We are driving this in order to
provide more ways to users to get help with adopting Apache MXNet.

Please let me know if these clarifications address your concerns about the
proposal. I would be interested in knowing whether this makes sense and what
are your thoughts on it.

--
Thanks,
Denis