+1

Roshani/Sheng,

Thanks for putting this release together, I was able to test the release
only now. As Kellen indicated this release does not have enough committer
votes, I suggest you extend the timeline.

I downloaded the source code from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.3.0.rc0/.

I verified the signature of the release and built the Scala package from
this source, I was able to run Scala Unit Tests and Integration tests
successfully.

Also IMO, the issue that Sandeep though is good to include in the release,
I would not consider it a release blocker since it has a work around and
you can add it to release notes as a link to the github issue with the
workaround.

Other notes (consider adding to retrospective):

On running  gpg --verify, I received a message that the signature is Good
from Sheng Zha along with a WARNING(gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified
with a trusted signature!), On researching I found this is fine[1] and the
fingerprint matches with Sheng's Key here
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/KEYS.

Next time, please send a link to the source and signatures on apache dist
server

I am currently working with Qing to create and test a maven package for
Scala, please wait and add that to the Announcement email.

Next time, please give a day or two after the RC is cut so we can create
packages for various language bindings(Scala, Clojure, R) --(currently this
is manual), so we can get the packages that users use tested during the RC
phase.

During the release, I suggest the release manager communicate
regularly(daily) on dev@ until an announcement is made so everyone is aware
of the status and can plan their work to accommodate building packages,
testing RC, etc.,

1.
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#valid-untrusted-vs-invalid-trusted

Thanks, Naveen