Chiyuan,

Thanks for the prompt to find some clarity of the pros and cons of each. I
think that will help drive us to the right decision. I think some of those
reasons are the ones you listed. I will take a stab below at outlining what
I see. Feel free to chime in if I missed any.

*Squash and Merge*
  *Pros* - It is the project standard
          - It will provide one commit for the feature and lessen the need
for 700+ commits rebased on top of master.
         - It is easier for a user to do git log to browse commits and see
what was features were added.
  *Cons* - I don't know how github would handle squashing all those commit
messages into one. Will it be too much?
            - You lose the granularity of the features individual commits

*Rebase and Merge*
 * Pros *- You don't have a huge commit message with one commit
          -  You do have the granularity of the individual features of the
commit
 * Cons *- It is not the project standard
           - You have 700+ commits on top of master that might be harder to
see the ones that went in right before. (like someone browsing commits)