"Yes" to both questions.

There are several community members currently working on creating documents for
Java API. The plan is to have drafts ready by 10/22. In terms of playing
around, please feel free to build from source code
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/java-api) or you can get
prebuilt jar file from these locations:

CPU:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/mxnet-java-alpha/mxnet-full_2.11-linux-x86_64-cpu-1.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar