I think we should bias towards static linking.  It should make using mxnet
easier in a lot of cases for users.  As long as the license permits static
linking (i.e. is non-gpl) I'd +1 static linking for portability and ease of
use.  The only caveat would be in cases where the package size would cause
grief for PyPi maintainers.