I was not able to fix the warnings on mshadow type switch with unused
local typedefs, that's one example of warning that I would disable. I
couldn't find a way to solve that one and I think the ramifications of
an unused typedef are not likely to cause bugs in the code and are
more of a pedantic nature.

I think turning on them one by one is going to pollute the compilation
output unecesarily and even run into commandline length problems?  I
think is best to enable all warnings and errors and cherry pick the
ones we can't fix or won't fix on purpose.

In this other case, I managed to tighten the warnings but ASAN is
giving some problems:

I think having warning fixes reviewed and merged faster without
triggering additional refactorings could make this process easier,
also having some help in this area and contributions would be greatly
appreciated.

Pedro.