I am curious what reasoning went into a non-community entity deploying what
is effectively de-facto public builds of an Apache project, "temporary" or
not.  Was this discussed on dev list?  Btw, I don't buy this "temporary"
thing -- "temporary" has a bad habit of becoming "permanent".  Also, I
challenge the logic behind "We built something that violates Apache
guidelines because no one else was doing it".

-Chris