We had this structure in the past and the community was bothered by CI
taking more time, thus we moved to the current model with everything
parallelized. We'd basically revert that then.

Can you show by how much the duration will increase?

Also, we have zero test parallelisation, speak we are running one test on
72 core machines (although multiple workers). Wouldn't it be way more
efficient to add parallelisation and thus heavily reduce the time spent on
the tasks instead of staggering?

I feel concerned that these measures to save cost are paid in the form of a
worse user experience. I see a big potential to save costs by increasing
efficiency while actually improving the user experience due to CI being
faster.

-Marco