Hi MXNet Community,

As the 1.6.0 release is done (many thanks to Przemek) for a while, it's time to
prepare for the next minor release of MXNet 1.7.0.

Thanks to Patric (pengzhao-intel@github) who had created the GitHub issue[1] to
discuss and collect the major features for 1.7.0. Please add any
features/enhancements/bugfixes that you want included there.

I (ciyongch@github) would like to be the release manager for the upcoming 1.7.0
release. It's my first time to drive a release for MXNet, really thanks to
Tao(TaoLv@github) who will guide me to go through the process and already
helped to create the Release plan and status page[2] on cwiki. I will keep
updating the issues and PRs mentioned in issues[1] to the cwiki page[2] to
track the release process.

We're proposing to do the release in May, and rebase the code of v1.7.x to
latest v1.x on April 10th PST, the code freeze date will be April 20th PST.
Please let me know whether this timeline is suitable to you or not, or want an
extension. So your timely response will be highly appreciated!

Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions.

Thanks,

Ciyong

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/16864

[2]