OK,

So I thought I'd start being productive, and attack a simple JIRA issue. I zoned in on MYFACES-187, as it had a simple solution of removing some code. I commented out the code, then decided to run all-tests from the main build file.

Firstly, ant complained about not having access to junit, so I configured IDEA to include it in the ANT environment. Should this not be fixed ?

Secondly, every single cactus test failed with:

Exception in constructor: testSimpleRender (java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid index 0 in LocalVariableTable in class file org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) at

Now, it's obvious that I'm not configuring something correctly. I'm running under Tomcat 5.5, Linux, JDK 1.5.0_2.

If somebody wants to fill me in on the delicate details of running the tests successfully, I will document the process in the doc/ subdirectory.

Thanks,
Grant.