Hi,

The x:datatable component uses a phase listener
(HtmlDataTablePhaseListener) for validation issues. I don't know why
this is necessary but it causes problems when a aliased bean (through
aliasbean component) is used in a nested datatable.

Due to the implementation of the aliasbean component the aliased bean is
only available in the process phases but not in the before or after
phase in which the phase listener is called.

To solve this problem for our application I just commented the phase
listener out of faces-config.xml. The application is still working as
expected but I want to make sure that there is no hidden issue which I
haven't seen so far.

Does anyone know why this phase listener is necessary?

Mathias