On 7/7/05, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good point.  I thought about configuring different classpaths for
> different projects.  I'm just trying to think of a slick way to do it
> and still keep one build file to build an indvidual subproject or all
> of them.
>
> Maybe we could have different classpath refs and then make the
> classpath in the compile target depend on what's specified in the
> build.properties of the specific project.
>
> Care to submit a patch for this?

I would rather help out with the Maven(2?) migration, since this kind
of problem is elegantly solved there.

On that note, we have been successfully using Maven for the ADF Faces
project for almost 2 years, and are in the process of migrating to
Maven2 for enhanced configuration and extensibility features.  The ADF
Faces Maven2 migration is expected to be complete within the next few
days.

The Maven2 guys have done a really good job of supporting Ant-style
development by including an "ant" plugin that simply generates the
relevant build.xml file for the project.

This ant build.xml file is one example of a generated artifact that
might make sense to checkin to source control, since it is targeted at
Ant-style developers who want to build the project without having
Maven(2) installed locally.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.