I agree separate is better but perhaps we can get rid of the blank
example?  That just sucks up bandwith IMO.  (ASF bandwith since often
times the examples are downloaded from the nightly dir which is ASF
hosted and not mirrored.)

If we keep the Tiles app simple enough, I think we could justify
eliminating the blank example.  Between tiles and the simple app it
should be obvious to the user how to get started on your own webapp.

sean