This is causing many troubles to users now as we can see from
questions in the list.
faces-config.xml is not included in the build because of  MYFACES-598,
when passing -Dskip.sandbox to the build process the file is not
included. I think this is important enough and we should do something
about this. I don't know if it is possible to include the file in the
current release but I don't think it is good to development to touch
an already released thing.

My opinion here is that we should release a maintenance release 1.1.1
as soon as possible. Waiting for thoughts on this.

Regards,

Bruno