Hello Adam,

i didn't found this in the spec. If it's belongs to the HTML_BASIC Renderkit, it doesn't impact tobabo because it has a different renderkitId.

Bernd

Adam Winer schrieb:
Another disadvantage:  code that merely needs to get at the
label (which is, for instance, used to build up the FacesMessage
in the JSF 1.2 spec) needs to know about this and strip out any
underscores, which is painful and not necessarily possible.

The way we handle this in ADF Faces is that our labelAndAccessKey
is a virtual attr that automatically splits in two and writes out to
label and accessKey.  So, your JSPs usually deal in
labelAndAccessKey, and your Renderers and Component code
deals exclusively in label and accessKey separately.

FWIW, the standard convention for this - which dates way back to
Windows programming - was to use an ampersand, not
an underscore.  I can see why underscore would be more
appealing these days.

-- Adam Winer

--
Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Bohmann - Atanion GmbH - Software Development
Bismarckstr. 13, 26122 Oldenburg, http://www.atanion.com