Hi!

In NavigationHandlerImpl around line 145 there is the following code

ViewHandler viewHandler = facesContext.getApplication().getViewHandler();
//create new view
String newViewId = navigationCase.getToViewId();
UIViewRoot viewRoot = viewHandler.createView(facesContext, newViewId);
viewRoot.setViewId(newViewId);

now I have a problem with the last statement.
My viewHandler create a view with a slightly different viewId. The setViewId(newViewId) cause the browser to view a "requested resource not available" message.

If I cange this to:

viewRoot.setViewId(viewRoot.getViewId());

it works like a charme.
If I create a patch, is it possible to have it applied - or is it needed to be RI compliant?

If so, I can handle my use case by overloading the NavigationHandler, but then I'll really appreciate if we can make calcMatchingNavigationCase protected instead of private. Then I can decorate the NavigationCase.

Ciao,
Mario