Here is a more detail description of my thoughts

If myfaces is a project without separate release cycle, a possible svn structure:

myfaces/trunk/api
myfaces/trunk/impl
myfaces/trunk/commons
myfaces/trunk/tomahawk
myfaces/trunk/sandbox
myfaces/trunk/examples or the examples belongs to the subprojects
myfaces/trunk/assembly or build-tool(s) with checkstyle configuration, assembly maven plugin...

I like the parent refs in the pom.xml. I don't like the svn externals they are painful for branching and taging.

If myfaces has separate release cycles, a possible structure would be:

myfaces/core/trunk/api
myfaces/core/trunk/impl
myfaces/core/trunk/example
myfaces/core/trunk/assembly

myfaces/commons/trunk

myfaces/tomahawk/trunk
myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/example
myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/assembly

myfaces/sandbox/trunk
myfaces/sandbox/trunk/example
myfaces/sandbox/trunk/assembly

maybe a

myfaces/common-examples/trunk

and

myfaces/[build|build-tool(s)]/trunk for checkstyle pmd maven-plugins

With the second option I expect faster release cycles. This would be nice for a faster tobago and adf integration.

Which a snapshot repository or a mavenized released version on a maven repository, it should not be a problem to checkout tomahawk only and compile it (indepent of the first option or the second option).

Best Regards

Bernd

Martin Marinschek schrieb:
I'll put in my 2cents.

Let's see if we can get the machine to work with those ;)

currently, we treat myfaces as a project with an integrated
release-cycle. We don't release things separately here so far.

(except tobago).

So I'd say we should go with this for now - I'd say that the
Maven-POMs are easily enough changed. I really like how they decreased
the ant-clutter.

regards,

Martin