Bernd,

I think we're close to agreement.  I'm going to hold off on the reorg
until Saturday.  There are enough issues that need to be addressed to
make it worth waiting at least one more day.  I have a few
questions/points for you inline.

On 1/5/06, Bernd Bohmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I try a summary:
>
> core (org.apache.myfaces)
> [This has a own release cycle]
> ====
> myfaces/core/trunk/pom.xml
> myfaces/core/trunk/myfaces-api/pom.xml
> myfaces/core/trunk/myfaces-impl/pom.xml
> myfaces/core/trunk/assembly/pom.xml
>
> commons (org.apache.myfaces)
> [This has a own release cycle]
> =======
> myfaces/commons/trunk/pom.xml

We should also have myfaces/commons/assembly/pom.xml right?

> tomahawk & sandbox (org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk)
> [This has a own release cycle]
> [Sandbox is not released only in nightly build]
> =======
> myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/pom.xml
> myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/example/pom.xml
> myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/pom.xml
> myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/assembly/pom.xml

Let me make sure I understand you.  Under myfaces/tomahawk/trunk we
would have the usual src/main/java src/main, src/test, src/site, etc.
all for tomahawk.  So in more detail you would have

 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/pom.xml
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/src/main
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/src/test
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/src/site
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/example/pom.xml
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/pom.xml
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/src/main
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/src/test
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/sandbox/src/site
 myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/assembly/pom.xml

Is this what you mean?

> tools (org.apache.myfaces)
> [no assembly but release on a maven repository]
> =====
> myfaces/tools/trunk/pom.xml
> myfaces/tools/trunk/maven-myfaces-plugin/pom.xml
> myfaces/tools/trunk/build-tools(checkstyleandpmdconfiguration)/pom.xml

What is maven-myfaces-plugin?  Is this some future plugin TBD or is
this something specific you had in mind?  Just curious.  I think for
now we can just reserve myfaces/tools for future use and discuss that
later (once the basic build is working.)

> site (org.apache.myfaces)
> [maybe never released only for the main site]
> =====
> myfaces/site/trunk/pom.xml

Definitely not released since its just the website.  This would have
the top level website stuff (overview, etc.)  Can we pull the enitre
website together in the myfaces/assembly/pom.xml? It would be nice if
we could use one pom for running assembly, publishing the nightlies
and updating the site.

> TODO find a better name for assembly
> TODO setup continuum
> TODO define a snapshot repository

+ 1

> NOTE: tomahawk has a different groupid the pom is not inherited

Why is this necessary to have a different group id.  Earlier you
explained what happens if they are different but not why the *should*
be different.

> Bernd

Sean