Hi!

It cost me a couple of hours to figure it out, so I'll share my insights with you.

I have had a bean which I declared in session scope at first.
After a while I decided to make it a request scoped bean and use the managed-property stuff to inject a request param.

I restarted tomcat a couple of times but never got this request parameter injected.

Why ...?

The solution was:
Tomcat stores all session variables in its work directory in a file named SESSIONS.ser. Even after restarting tomcat my OLD session scoped bean were reinitialized from this file. Now that myfaces found the bean in session scope there was no need to recreate it and thus the request param werent injected.

After removing this SESSIONS.ser all worked as expected.

Hope this will sometimes save someones time.

Ciao,
Mario