+1 for using the easter island picture as an eye catcher
+1 for color scheme C, though my personal feeling is that the
background of the top most header is a bit too "cyan-ish" and should
be more "blue-ish" (i.e. more like in A)
+1 for having feather+logo in upper-left corner
+1 on making sub-project pages better distinguishable

For the latter I have an idea/proposal:
What about having different easter island images on upper-right corner:
* The current image (i.e. a bunch of faces) for top-level
* A single easter island face with a text label accross it for each sub project

WDYT?

Manfred