Hi!
> In proposal 2 (see above) the use-data _and_ the structure is
> transferred to the client, so by changing the structure, the (hacking)
> user can try to recreate and set any properties on any bean on the
> server, if no encryption is used.

Regardless of the solution we use, we should abstract the creation of
the url so one can replace it with its own implementation.

I see three types of them:

*) plain - pass through (so hackable)
*) encryption (leads to become too large for a GET)
*) leases - I have done this in one of my projects. The user is able to
bookmark a page but only gets a lease-ID. The server stores the correct
url for this lease (something like tinyurl) - not hackable, repeatable,
and no size limit - we just need a parameter to let a lease die if not
used for a couple of month

---
Mario