Hi Volker!
>     [
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1146?page=comments#action_12367167
>  ]
>
> Volker Weber commented on MYFACES-1146:
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I prefer to check the rendered attribute of footer/header component over
> adding extra attributes to datatable.

This might be complicated, if not impossible to do.
I have to check all children of all footer facets to see if the row
should be renderer or not.
Think of the following (for sure untypical, just to get the point):

<f:facet name="footer">
    <h:panelGroup>
       <h:outputLabel for="input">
          <h:outputText value="abc" rendered="false"/>
      </h:outputLabel>
      <h:inputText id="input" rendered="false"/>
    </h:panelGroup>
</f:facet>

We can say we take the rendered state of the first/root child of the
facet tag, but this is not very intuitive, is it?

Ciao,
Mario