On 2/23/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  * myfaces-shared will have sub-modules that represent the custom
> > dependency libs with private namespace for each MyFaces subproject
> > that needs shared classes (only impl and tomahawk so far). All (=both)
> > artifacts will automatically be created from the same source that sits
> > in the Maven parent module "myfaces-shared:
> >   - Artifact "myfaces-shared-impl" with namespace
> > "org.apache.myfaces.impl.shared.*"
> >   - Artifact "myfaces-shared-tomahawk" with namespace
> > "org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.shared.*"
>
> Is it accurate to say shared will never be released? I know we won't
> make release announcments or include it in a zip but it has to be
> released for maven purposes. I just wanted to clarify that.

Ok, here's the wording how I would understand it in Maven sphere:
 install = put it into the local repository
 deploy = put it into a remote repository - either corporate or public
(ibiblio et al.)
 release = assembly, announce and ship it within a zip archive

So, using these wordings it is accurate to say:
 Yes, they will be installed locally
 Yes, they would be deployed on ibiblio (so that people are able to
build impl or tomahawk from source withing having myfaces-shared on
their disk)
 No, they will never be shipped with any assembly

Does that make it more accurate?
;-)

Manfred