I use a patched version of the Jalopy maven plugin for all my projects, and I'm very happy about it. It handles stuff like adding the license comment at the top of your file, formatting, inspecting, etc. your Java code. I also have it generating comments containing 'TODO DOCUMENT ME!!' on every public method or class that doesn't have javadocs yet, as a gentle reminder for my developers :) It's a great tool, and thanks to maven, you can integrate in the normal build cycle.

http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/index.html

Jurgen

Sean Schofield schreef:
We have not created a new core branch yet.  What kind of "formatting"
do you have in mind?  Are we talking about coding conventions?  I
recall this issue being somewhat controversial ...

Sean