We'd have to ask the maven people to republish just this artifact.
Technically it requires a new vote, etc.

Lets concentrate on the new release first.  I'm about to start a
[VOTE] thread once TCK testing is done.  In the meantime, please check
your independent project agains the jars in our new myfaces repo[1].

Sean

[1] http://myfaces.zones.apache.org/dist/maven-repository