The components are delegating the method calls to their corresponding
renderers - it's just like with the default lifecycle related methods.

One question - how would you propose to handle special cases - e.g. an
inputSuggest components doesn't render itself normally on an ajax
request, but renders a list of suggested items?

regards,

Martin