> good point. I remember when I tried to replace some JARs inside a
> container (it worked)
> but our QA told me that this will cause problems @ customers`s side.
> They pay much money for a container and replacing JARs can cause loose
> of support form the vendor side.

Even when the customers engineers agree to do it, management will give
a thumbs down ;-)

> Anyway, let`s do the JSF 1.2 impl. Java EE 5 will not be part of
> production at big big big customers. so containers like Geronimo or
> OC4J (just to name two) will be able to take the MyFaces JSF 1.2 impl
> to their system

Even though the big companies are likely to be late implementers, all
AppServer-Companies have to get working NOW... It might need some
marketing
to convince some appserver-people to wait for MyFaces 1.2

regards
Alexander