On 10/7/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/7/06, Bruno Aranda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hehe wrong list... but now that you say that, as we are using
> shale-test for testing, in the implementation of MyFaces 1.2 there is
> one test (UIComponentTagUtils) that fails, because it tries to use a
> method specific of JSR-252 in the Application.getExpressionFactory:
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
>         at javax.faces.application.Application.getExpressionFactory(Application.java:74)
>
> Of course, this UnsupportedOperationException is thrown by the
> Application class (as mandated by the spec), but not in the
> Application myfaces implementation (ApplicationImpl). What do I have
> to do to use ApplicationImpl then? Is that possible?

<snip/>

You should be able to use JSR-252 specific methods in the next
shale-test release (thanks to Craig). See SHALE-304 [1] for all the
details, particularly r453841 in the commits tag. In short, this mock
application class [2] will be available for such tests.

As it happens, I've been working on the 1.2 support in shale-test over the last few days.  ExpressionFactory, plus a simulation of the standard set of ELResolvers outlined in Section 5.6.2, is next on my list.  With ApacheCon coming up, I should get a good chunk of time to wrap this up.

-Rahul

[1] http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-304
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/trunk/shale-test/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/test/mock/MockApplication12.java

> Thanks,