Yeah. I've already settled for a subclass. I had to copy over almost
everything from the tree-sources. The only thing which rescued me from
having to copy all was introducing the interface. Sean, is there a way
you can get the interface working according to your needs?

regards,

Martin

On 10/10/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't want the tree to _contain_ EditableValueHolders, but the tree
> to be an EditableValueHolder itself - imagine a dropdown which shows a
> tree, and you can select values from it...

maybe a subclass is needed here, since that seams not to be a common
use case, right?

(I think we already said that during this thread)

> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 10/10/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Martin,
> >
> > What is the big deal about EditableValueHolder?  Why should tree2
> > implement this?  The idea is that Tree2 contains a tree of whatever
> > types of JSF components you choose (just like dataTable.)  You can use
> > editable value holders right now if you want to.  Just add one to your
> > node.  I am probably missing something but at the moment I fail to see
> > the problem.
> >
> > Also, your tree intereface has broken some things on my end.
> > TreeWalker now needs to take an instance of Tree instead of
> > UITreeData.  This breaks some custom tree implementations that I have
> > done offline so I may need to revert that.  Let me see if I can work
> > with what you have.
> >
> > Sean
> >
> > On 10/5/06, Martin Marinschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > No, it's a pity that not, but I can't. I'm at a client here in Germany
> > > until end of November, can't take off a week.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

IMHO.

only save