From: Adam Winer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 4:32 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: Re: Pulse check for org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT

Jesse,

Yes, commandLink is the only component in the JSF impl that
emits Javascript.

That's because the set of components in the JSF spec is
minimal, and the set of features on those few components
is minimal.  It does not constitute proof that any
component that uses Javascript is being silly.  I also
have yet to see much evidence that JS-free pages are
truly necessary today (a common claim that accessibility laws
require functioning without Javascript is false.)

I'm fine with the goal of avoiding Javascript except when
necessary, and fine with documenting which components
require it and which don't.  Anything more is, well,
very 20th century.

Regards,
Adam Winer