Hi Sebastian,
there are
1) Java Docs
2) wiki pages
3) maven XML documents which generate web site of myfaces

these should be updated and synchronized together, I have started to work on wiki, I hope when I finish we can start synchronizing javadocs and web pages.
if you are interested to help you are very welcome we can divide the work between our selves.

also soon there will be a book about MyFaces