[release 1.1.5 now instead]
1) Mitigates the need for a 1.1.4.1 branch.

Not really.   In all likelihood, there are always going to be bugs in
the latest release since new features are constantly being worked on.
Users want to have access to a bug-fix release that does not add new
features.

2) No need to run the TCK prior to the release.

We have to run the TCK on all releases, whether 1.1.5 or 1.1.4.1.

3) A release is a sign of progress to the community.

From the email I've received both on and off list, the community would
consider bug fix releases a more practical sign of progress.

4) Allows Maven based project currently using 1.1.5 functionality
    a version of MyFaces they can use in a release.  (I am in this position)

Irrelevent.   Having a bug fix release of 1.1.4.1 should not impact a
release of 1.1.5.