Per the comment "the attributes enabledOnUserRole and visibleOnUserRole will be deprecated and replaced by rendered='#{securityContext..}'" on TOMAHAWK-885[1], I am not sure I like this. Granted securityContext provides a lot more control, but the attributes are easier to use and document for the simple stuff.

Why are the attributes being deprecated?

When are the attribute scheduled to be deprecated?

Should their be an Jira issue for the deprecation?

If you would prefer to continue this discussion after the release of MyFaces 1.1.5, I have no objections.

Paul Spencer

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-885