Hi Matthias!
> this was discussed near to death in the past.
> search for simon kitching and logging here in the myfaces list
Anyway, just that we really know what we are talking about:

We have to remove the "static" keyword from the logger
and add a method getLog() which will lazily get the logger to decrease
the performance impact of e.g. lookups of lightweight objects (they are
likely to be created en mass and so the hashtable should be avoided).

This will add tons of code, though, there is no other way, isn't it?

And - some prerequisites have changed - how many sense does it make when
all new jee container forbid to have a custom jsf jar in your webapp-lib?
Then the gc problem should no longer exist as this library will not be
reloaded then, no?

Ciao,
Mario