Guy,

In your particular case, you can try to use

<f:selectItem itemValue="{1}" itemLabel="1" />

On 2/28/07, Guy Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 27/02/2007 15:23, Dainius Vaznys (JIRA) wrote:
> UISelectOne validation fails with custom converter
>
>                  Key: MYFACES-1545
>              Project: MyFaces Core
>           Issue Type: Bug
>     Affects Versions: 1.1.5
>             Reporter: Dainius Vaznys
>

> This seems to be closely related with MYFACES-1328.
>
> I have a Converted configured with a UISelectOne which converts between
strings and enum values, i.e. getAsObject() returns an Enum instance. After the
convertion takes place UISelectOne.validateValue() is invoked to check if the Enum
instance is among select items. This code definitely does not work:
>                 Object itemValue = item.getValue();
>                 if (value==itemValue || value.equals(itemValue))
>                 {
>                     return true;
>                 }
>
> as it tries to match an Enum instance against a string.

This sounds a lot like a problem I discovered when I upgraded from 1.1.3
to 1.1.5:

https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=175

Short answer: that's how it's supposed to work in JSF 1.1 and I needed
to change my code.

-Guy.