I would like two different TLPs:

1. MyFaces Implementation (keeps progressing with the specification's
maturity).

2. JSF Component Libraries (whatever their names will be in the
future) which work with Sun & MyFaces Implementations. Not one. But both. If
they only work with MyFaces then there is no need for another TLP.

Just like Tomahawk components need to adhere to certain requirements prior
to coming out of the sandbox - a "promotion criteria" should be developed
for components under this TLP.

I think it will allow the developer community to channel their open source
energies better and lead to more commits.

Cheers,

Zubin.