Hi!

Belen, Marco wrote:
> In order 'choose' an unique prefix, why not re-use a common way to
> create unique names in Java: Use a package-structure.
> There for until it can be configured in the web.xml how about using
> "org_apache_myfaces_" as the clientID-prefix.

My first reaction on this was: "No, please don't" as this will greatly
increase the size of the rendered html page if you have tables or trees
on it.
On the other hand, if one would like to have short ids its simple to
configure the id on the component level instead of using the
autogenerated one - and IMHO its better to use manual component ids then
the automatic created one as this makes the rendered page more readable
(in case you have to look at the html source)

So I'll have not problem to use this "big" clientId, just, maybe a
"o_a_m_id" would make it too.

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> Finally, I proposed on the other thread that we allow the web.xml file
> to define the unique prefix.  Unfortunately, I noticed now that the
> value has been declared final.
Yep, not only final - more problematic it is static. What might be
possible is to use system properties - at least a way to configure it then.

Ciao,
Mario