Hi!
> Sugesstion 1 has disadvatage:
> if you change one property of children in group, which is not defined
> as groupByValue or
> taken in account when computing value of checking value,
> you don't get whole group as changed.
Notice, this change is backward compatible, so if you do NOT use
groupByValue you'll get what you have now.
The table will simply scan the children of the groupBy cell.
groupByValue will just give you the control of WHICH property to use to
check the group change condition, you'll do this if you have multiple
children added to a panelGrid (which currently do not work, but I'll
change this too)
> Suggestion 2 has disadvantage:
> equals() method returns only TWO results - true/false,
> while comparator returns THREE results - -1, 0, 1.
> By using equals() method you can't do sorting on objects :(
This would be true if we have to use sorting for this kind of stuff, but
we do not have to. The code was a simple .compareTo()==0, so replacable
by .equals() once we check the objects directly and not their string
representation in an StringBuffer.

Ciao,
Mario