Hi Mike!
> If you want to change the submitted values to the backing bean, then
> you need to do so in code just as if you wanted to do it for a regular
> form.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ClearInputComponents
Yep, I am aware of this, but I really hate to use component bindings.
This is alway a "last resort" for me.

> That said, I'd not be opposed to adding an attribute to a subform to
> configure it to refetch from the model so long as that was not the
> default behavior.
Hmmm .... not issuing the validation and not updating the model to allow
to submit another form was the main goal of subForm, no?
If we say subForm was introduced to avoid the use of multiple h:forms on
the page, then it should refetch from the model by default.

I'd like to add a parameter ... maybe called "refetchFromModel" ... with
a default value of "true". I am sure this is the major use case,
especially if you keep in mind that e.g. you can change the options of a
select*Listbox but not its value (yet).
It's a sandbox component, I think we can argue the change.

Any objections?

Ciao,
Mario