Wendy,
When I build Tomahawk locally, I do not see the errors.  In addition I
do not have javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:1.2.0 in my local repository.

I am wondering if the RI artifacts are corrupt/outdated for some strange
reason.

Based on the following, it appears the artifacts should not be used. Thus
leading be to believe the RI artifacts on the continuum server are bad.

mvn help:effective-pom displays the following.

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>
      <version>1.1_02</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
      <exclusions>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
          <groupId>java.servlet.servlet.jsp</groupId>
        </exclusion>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
          <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
        </exclusion>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
          <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
        </exclusion>
        <exclusion>
          <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
          <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl</groupId>
        </exclusion>
      </exclusions>
    </dependency>

Paul Spencer