Hi,

I think most people will agree that writing Renderers for JSF components
using the standard tools, i.e. ResponseWriter.startElement and
ResponseWriter.writeAttribute etc., is not very straightforward or
productive, especially when creating complex components. If you take a
look at org.apache.myfaces.custom.schedule.ScheduleDetailedDayRenderer,
you'll know what I mean :)

One of the great things about Dojo is that you can create templates for
your components. Inspired by this, I tried to do something similar for
JSF renderers, using Freemarker. I put it in the sandbox, and wrote a
replacement HtmlOutputTextRenderer based on it. I know the outputText is
a bad example for this, but for complex stuff, this could be really
useful.

What do you think?

Jurgen