I'm in the process of fixing TRINIDAD-667. Essentially what is happening is, if a particular service appears more then once in the webapp (either through multiple references in the classpath or because it exists in multiple files), that service is returned twice by the ClassLoaderUtils.getServices() method. It is expected that a series of class names are returned from this method and for any given classname, the default resource loader will always load the same resource. In retrospect this method probably should have returned a set, but instead it returns a list.

Here is my question, should I change ClassLoaderUtils.getServices() to eliminate any duplicates it might find such that anyone using the API will only have each service listed once or should I leave the functionality as it currently exists and put the duplicate checking inside of the GlobalConfiguratorImpl.

IMO, I should change ClassLoaderUtils.getServices() to return a list without duplicates, but it is in the API package so I wanted to see what people think.

Scott