-1 to trying to turn everything into ResourceBundle.  Just use EL -
ELResolver in 1.2, PropertyResolver in 1.1.  As of 1.2, that gives
you ResourceBundle and Map support.  In 1.1, only Map
(and bean, of course), but then again in 1.1 how do you get
unwrapped ResourceBundle instances into EL anyway?

@Gary:  the Shale LoadBundle class seems quite unnecessary
in 1.2, right?

-- Adam