Hi!
>>> 1. Clear separation of API and IMPL (at least on package level, better
>>>
>> Shouldn't it be possible to have a stable API even without separating it
>> out?
>>

> Have a look at
> http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/apidocs/org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanUtils.html
> for an example how static utils CAN be clearly separated into api and impl.

I am not sure if this is the best possible example ;-)
The reason they splitted these classes semms to be that the
implementation is stateful.
Means, they cache stuff on ClassLoader level (ContextClassLoaderLocal)
and therefore they need an instance to hold the datastructure instead of
just simple utility methods.

In our case we might just end up with the delegator pattern, which seems
to be overly complex, doesn't it?

>>> 2. Let's start to name svn folders the same as the artifacts. This
>>>

>> /home/im/projects/myfaces12/commons/myfaces-commons/myfaces-commons-api/src/main/java
>> /home/im/projects/myfaces12/commons/myfaces-commons/myfaces-commons-impl/src/main/java
>>
>> I think the middle part is overly redundant.
>>

> It's simply faster to scan only the
> leaves of your folder tree structure than to scan structurally: "Ok,
> here is the folder 'api' - hmm which api?
<snip/>

Nice story, you saved my day :-)

Ok, so lets try it that way if no one else has a better argument against.

Ciao,
Mario