Hi!
I am fine with that, just, I'd change the name "commons" for
validators/converters/fileupload ....

/commons/
  -/myfaces-validators
  -...
or what ?
I thought more about
/commons/
-/myfaces-commons-utils
/newprojectname/
-/myfaces-newprojectname-validators
-/myfaces-newprojectname-converters
-/myfaces-newprojectname-ppr
-/myfaces-newprojectname-grids
-/myfaces-newprojectname-layouters

We really should think about that as the long awaited fusion of the best possible techniques at myfaces - proven to work together nicely.

Hrm.. not sure if a *common* PPR is really fine.
Trinidad, for instance doesn't need anything from dojo, so we have our
very simple and lightweight "ajax"-API.
Thats the nice thing about modularizing tomahaw/trinidad. If one would like to use our ppr, adding our jar would be enough, and ...

So, adding dojo, as a common mechanism to Trinidad, is not really
something, I am thrilled about.
... it is not put in stone that the ppr project above is based on the tomahawk-sandbox-ppr. BTW: If a component itself is ajaxable without any additional ppr lib it should work too.

but, we can bring this up in the future, current goal is, to just
kickoff the base
of commons.
As the discussion has come so far - I think - the least common denominator is just the myfaces-commons-utils project and even there it seems we are not able to work out if we should split it into -api/-impl. Sorry to have to say that.

Ciao,
Mario