Hi!
Hmmm... I agree that "flash" can be misleading, but "access" doesn't seem very descriptive to me. I
think "page" or "view" might be more appropriate.
As it is currently in Orchestra, the fomer flash-scope is exactly an access-scope. As long as the bean is accessed it stay alive, regardles of the page it is used on.

page or view are different scopes where one assumes that the bean vanishes as soon as another page is navigated to even if a conversation with the same name will be used here.
We can discuss if such a scope makes sense for Orchestra .... I guess not.

Ciao,
Mario