Hi Matthias,
> yep.
> -xml configuration == "mini faces-config files"
> -templates == in order to "override" some *defaults* (like when you
> want to do something "special" inside the validate() for InputFile,
> provide a template, which is a real Java class)
> -it generates the real UIComponent java file as well
> -generates facelets XML taglib file

Is it possible to use the plugin in a way where the component/renderer
gets not generated, only the tagblib and config stuff?

I think this is the way to go for now. I know, then the developer has to
ensure that the types of the setter on the UIComponent do not differ to
the property.
Another short term solution could be to just create an abstract basis
class with the setter/getter stuff but leave the real logic of the
component out of it. The developer then has to inherit from this class
the real component.

Ciao,
Mario