Yes, and this is only possible by taking away the "Resolve Issues"
permission for reporters (="issue-filers") which would also forbid the
reporter to reopen an issue.
Question is: do we want this.
My feeling is: no, because: In a "perfect world" :-) the reporter
downloads the "fix version" release as soon as it is out and tests his
issue with this new release. In case the fix did not really fix the
issue in question, the reporter changes the jira issue to "reopened"
and sets the fix version field to "unknown".
This is the idea behind this permission, I think.

--Manfred

--
http://www.irian.at
Your JSF powerhouse - JSF Consulting,